Formed in 1987, the Building Industry Legal Defense Foundation (“BILD”) is the premier legal advocate for the building and construction industry in California.
BILD is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BIA of Southern California, Inc. BILD actions must be approved by its 16-member Board of Directors.
The purposes of BILD are:
· To initiate or support litigation or agency action designed to improve the business climate for the building industry;
· To monitor legal developments and legislation critical to the building industry; and
· To educate the industry, public officials, and the public of legal and policy issues critical to sustaining the building industry.
BILD exists to ensure that the building industry thrives, and that projects are able to move forward timely, with sustained profitability for all sectors of the industry, while protecting the rights of the industry and its customers, and while continuing to value natural resources.
WHAT DOES BILD DO?
BILD’s mission is to defend the legal rights of California's building professionals, as well as their workers, and their customers. BILD promotes and supports important legal cases to secure favorable court decisions for the building industry. BILD focuses on cases with regional or statewide significance to its mission.
The BILD program impacts important issues, such as excessive development fees, restrictive local growth control measures and the misapplication of the California Environmental Quality Act and other environmental laws, such as the Endangered Species Act and Clean Water Act.
To ensure that the industry’s view is both heard and considered, BILD:
- Files friend-of-the-court briefs.
- Requests the California Supreme Court de-publish unfavorable decisions or publish favorable decisions from lower state courts.
- Files lawsuits on behalf of the building industry.
- Comments on behalf of the building industry at key hearings and other regulatory proceedings held by local, state and federal agencies.
- Assists selected litigants with financial help.
For information regarding the Building Legal Defense Foundation (BILD) please contact Shanda Beltran email@example.com or at 949-777-3849.